Board of Management Meeting January 21st 2019
1. The meeting took place in the school staffroom and there was a full attendance.
2. The Board ratified the appointment of Acting Principal , Noel Lohan as DLP and GDPR Controller and Acting deputy Principal Aine Bleahene as DDLP.
3. DROICHEAD: Regina Power informed the Board that the school was now using the ‘Droichead’ process for the induction of NQTs. The protocol and the policy documents were ratified and she informed the Board that herself and Aine Bleahene, who trained in the process in the last school term, would begin the induction process between now and the end of June, 2019.
4. Tributes were paid to Stephanie Keating as she goes on secondment to take up the role of Director of Athlone Education Centre. The Chairperson read out a letter from Stephanie saying how touched she was by gifts and the send off on the day of the Christmas holidays. The Chairperson remarked that it was just an indication of the huge contribution Stephanie had made to the school and the high regard the whole school community had for her.
5. Enrolment. Currently there are 433 pupils on the roll, with a further 3 children to join Senior Infants and 1st classes. This will be the maximum enrolment for a 16 classroom school. Enrolment forms are now being issued for the September 2019 intake, with the closing date at 31/03/2019.
6. SOME UPCOMING EVENTS
• The PARENTS ASSOCIATION will hold a fundraising TABLE QUIZ in the Moycarn Lodge hotel on Friday, February 8th. Your support would be greatly appreciated.
• St. Brigid’s Crosses are being constructed at a ferocious pace throughout the school in preparation for Friday, February 1st. Sales were brisk at the weekend in various shops and churches. Like her cloak, word is spreading, and further orders from the hinterland are coming in thick and fast. A great community effort is being made under the guidance of Regina Power, whose classroom is the nerve centre of the operation.
Noel Lohan, Principal. 21/01/2019